The popularity of the legislation on the ground is growing, and having a structured approach to CIC development is vital if the legislation is to move forward successfully.
The CIC Association CIC will:
1. Be the representative body for all CICs in the UK
2. Seek views and opinions from members and other stakeholders and be proactive in tackling issues faced by CICs
3. Promote the business model and support its wider application
4. Work with the Regulator and Government to develop the legislation
5. Provide information and resources, to save time and money, to existing and potential CICs, and their stakeholders.
6. Act as an intermediary between CICs and the wider community
7. Act as a portal to secure funding and contracts to deliver outcomes on behalf of the community and work with existing CICs to supply delivery
8. Interact with and lobby policymakers, on issues such as Brand Awareness, Investment Issues and Tax Incentives